plc 5/20

Last edited:
thanks

for some reason, not been able to get onto ab site this afternoon.

will wait and try later tonight.

Mickey said:
Edit: Alaric
I don't understand your post. Whats wrong with what I just posted? ( direct links to the manuals)

Its my understanding the Rockwell has asked at least one PLC bulletin board, and probably others such as this one, to not directly post manuals and technotes, but rather link to them. There is a post about it on one of the other forums frequented by members of this board.

On the web there are touchy issues with bypassing pages which the owner of the material might want you to see and going directly to the material. This could include advertisements.

Thats why I posted a link to the literature library. There might not be anything at all wrong with it, I was just recently made aware that there were issues myself, so I opted to err on the safe side.

Last edited:
Guys, we had a big snafu with the Internet portal in Milwaukee today and access from inside RA has been badly affected, so probably during the investigation and repair there was an effect on Internet-facing servers as well.

Don't panic; the network gnomes are hard at work restoring Interwebness.

Alaric said:
On the web there are touchy issues with bypassing pages which the owner of the material might want you to see and going directly to the material.

My reading of the sticky post at MrPLC lead me to believe that direct links to protected material will be blocked if the person trying to access does not have a techconnect contract.

So, I think Mickey's links to the literature library docs are just fine, since they are not protected. The knowledgebase is a different matter, but again, since their (ab) website will check for access, we really can't break the rules by posting links even to those documents.

Copying and pasting screenshots of copyrighted material, or text excerpts is a no-no. I have been guilty of doing that in the past, but I think that links directly to the lit. library documents are okay, and links to the knowledgebase answers will automatically be policed by the website, so I would not worry too much about those.

If I am mistaken, please let me know...
Paul

Alaric said:
Its my understanding the Rockwell has asked at least one PLC bulletin board, and probably others such as this one, to not directly post manuals and technotes, but rather link to them. There is a post about it on one of the other forums frequented by members of this board.

On the web there are touchy issues with bypassing pages which the owner of the material might want you to see and going directly to the material. This could include advertisements.

Thats why I posted a link to the literature library. There might not be anything at all wrong with it, I was just recently made aware that there were issues myself, so I opted to err on the safe side.

My reading of the MRPLC thread about this was that it was knowledgebase articles only. That one can only view with a tech connect. I don't think it has anything to do with downloading literature or posting exserts from them. This is just my reading of it though.

Last edited: