S7-200 Freeport comms

monsam

Hi There
I need to write the current DateTime to a printer on Port0. Any quick way of doing this without having to convert BCD-to-Int and then Int-to String?

In a word - No, but the code to do the conversion shouldnt be that difficult.

Also remember to send a {CR} {LF} at the end of the string otherwise the printer will just try and print everything on one line

Thanks Mike.Found out the hard way about {CR}{LF}.
Also, when the printer specs are 40 colums wide does that mean 40 bytes?
Incidently, i am writing to a thermal printer.Unfortunately the printer is Italian make and the english in the manual makes the chinese ones look like masterpieces.

Similar Topics

Hello guys, I know another freeport question.. I am trying to set up communication between via a rs 232 digitizer to PLC. I am using hyper...
Replies
Views
Background: Using a S7-200 to talk to a Mettler Toledo Weight Controller. The comms is RS-232 serial. I have done this with an AB Micro Logic...
Replies
Views
Dir sir! I am using citect scada v5.50 and S7-200,cpu 215.Via PC/ppi cable ,i want to use citect to control that PLC,do i use freeport mode in...
Replies
Views
T
is it possible to establish a freeport communication over a usb ppi cable?
Replies
Views
R
When you are using freeport communication mode on Siemens S7-200 , once you got enabled the freeport mode changing the configuration, How can we...
Replies
Views
Raquel
R
Back
Top Bottom