Alarm Instructions

junior

I see that verson 16 of RSLinx 5000 has a ALMD and ALMA instructions. Is there any documentation on how to use these? I'm using a compact logix processor with a PanelView1000 (DH485 only) so I'm wondering if it's worth using these new instructions, or should I just program in an error handler like done in the previous versions.

TIA
Jr.

I dunno, but I would guess there is documentation in the manuals and/or help screens for RSLogix. (There are no instructions for RSLinx...) Have you tried that yet??

Just did an overview of them. I think I would use them. They seem complete for both digital and analog, pretty easy to follow, and a nice tight package.

But don't they use about 1k of memory per instance?
Can they be used with a PanelView or are they only to be used with FT View SE?

AJZ said:
But don't they use about 1k of memory per instance?
Can they be used with a PanelView or are they only to be used with FT View SE?

No, they don't interface yet to PanelView's (standard or Plus), but only FTView SE.

Not that they need to be used ONLY with FTView SE, they are pretty darned nice alarming instructions in themselves, that can work perfectly fine with stack lights and normal logic.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to give them a shot. There's a ton of options in the instructions so I thought it might be overkill.

Jr.