"Theorycraft"

RichBlunt

1.I am making sure I am not missing something, what is the latest and greatest way to control motors/vfds spread over 250 feet? There is approximately 30 or so motors over the length of 250 feet.

I am thinking Devicenet, but I want to know if I am missing other possibilities.

2.Controlling fans/pumps over the same area, most of it is a motor with a couple sensors nearby.

I am thinking the same thing Devicenet and Brad Power.Open to more experienced suggestions though.

version 17,,,intresting, I haven't even got to do much with v16 :)

I would use a bus that allows full access to the drive, reading and writing all parameters as well as controlling the drive. I would use ethernet (ModbusTCP).
Using this has allowed me to include lots of nice extra features, with little or no extra effort, for example
- the web pages from the drives are displayed within the scada system (full drive status using no tags)
- remote configuration
- FDR (faulty device replacement) the drive configuration is saved at regular intervals, and if the drive fails and is replaced the saved configuration is automatically downloaded to the drive.
- no restriction on the number of status points read from the drive

thanks glad to know I was not off base in thinking drives hooked on Devicenet is the way to go.Which is pretty much what we did 5-6 years ago. :)

Back
Top Bottom