Photo Sensor For Vehicle Detection

bhdybc

Hi,
I want to Sense a vehicle using a Photo Electric Sensor.

My budget is not high, so Can anybody suggest me any cheaper photo sensor or any other Device which can detect objects in the range of 1 mtr and provides me a pot free contact in output.

Photo sensors

bhdybc said:
Hi,
I want to Sense a vehicle using a Photo Electric Sensor.

My budget is not high, so Can anybody suggest me any cheaper photo sensor or any other Device which can detect objects in the range of 1 mtr and provides me a pot free contact in output.

Try sick sensor, www.sick.com.

Im using this photo sensor in all my projects.

Regards

Sherwin

Everybody in the sensor business makes one that will work for this application. What brands are represented for you locally? What voltage are you needing?

For best results, I would recommend either a retroreflective or a through-beam style sensor as opposed to a diffuse-mode.

You want cheap? Automationdirect has one for US$38, but we don't know enough about your system to be able to recommend it.