Siemens related question

mrtweaver

I was wondering if one the Siemens Gurus on here woule be able to help. I know what an S5 and S7 looks like and know what software is required for them. However I have this Siemens PLC and have been unsuccessful in finding any useful information on it. Have written to Siemens and so far no responce.

The things I would like to know is: what software is used to program this PLC? What kind of expansion can you use? What is the max IO counts? is there a manual for this so I can familiarize myself with them?

Thanks for any and all assist.

The part number, and it does come up somewhat under Google but can find the particlars is:

S26311 - G57 - V1 -GS1

Have a great day.

That part # certainly doesn't look like a Simatic PLC.

A PC perhaps?

How about a photo?

Is that G57 really GS7?

I think you are right I think it is a GS7 and not G57. I dont have any pics as of yet but I can tell you on each one of the modules it clearly says Siemens and when I wrote to the company that produced the piece of equipment they clearly stated it was a PLC. But could not tell me anything more because it is part that they outsource and they do not have the code or anything other than what they told me. I know when I googled the part number, or at least the first section of it I came across some vendors selling used versions of this and in their ad they also claim PLC. It might be you are more correct and maybe it is one of those imbedded types. I dont know which is why I posted the question on here to see if anyone else has any info.

As of right now our digital camera is out of commision. One of the MGMT folks dropped it while taking some photos. Otherwise I would take a photo and post it. I was hoping someone might know if given the number off of the CPU itself. I can say that the one we have looks similar, it is rack mounted and in a metal housing, but some of the connections look different. So does this mean the one we have is in the S5 family?

If it is how can I tell which one and what software will work with it?

zova said:
Similar issue had been already discussed here, but with a photo. And answer had been found quite quickly...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=40757

Have you tried asking Siemens? They probably have a rep near you. I have seen just about every controller ever made, but don't remember many of the part numbers, and wouldn't be able to help much without a photo.

Please read first post. I have written to Siemens and thus far still no responce. Dont know why.

S7Guy said:
Have you tried asking Siemens? They probably have a rep near you. I have seen just about every controller ever made, but don't remember many of the part numbers, and wouldn't be able to help much without a photo.

mrtweaver said:
Please read first post. I have written to Siemens and thus far still no responce. Dont know why.

I didn't mean to write to them. I meant have a rep actually walk in and look at it. One thing that reps do is travel around finding new places that use their stuff, and they would probably be happy to find a new user that they might be able to upgrade a system for. Heck, I could get them to come to my house if I told them I have this old Siemens PLC that I might want to replace.