Gmwin

jerrittcat

Hello, I am new to PLC's, and am currently taking a PLC cource as a part of my degree. The course is taught using Logixpro. I am building a scale model of a trafficlight at home using a LG PLC (gm7U). I have it built and have programmed timers to cycle the lights. Didnt see sequencers as an option on GMWIN. I have added a set of timers to handle the crosswalk premption. It comes back into the normal light clcle at whereever the cylce is ( the crosswalk doesnt stop the normal cycle, just locks out one light so the walk timer run it), then gives it back to the normal cycle. The problem is it may revert back with 1/2 sec of green time left, then yellow...ect... which looks kind of strange. the documentation i found for GMWIN is not great. any sugestions or guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks.

It comes back into the normal light clcle at whereever the cylce is (the crosswalk doesnt stop the normal cycle, just locks out one light so the walk timer run it), then gives it back to the normal cycle.
Usually, the walk cycle does not change the normal cycle at all. It does not lock out the light, but simply runs along beside it, warning the pedestrian (with a DON't WALK) when traffic is about to resume.

There are some cases where a walk light is allowed to interrupt the traffic flow. This is where there are not normally a lot of pedestrians, but occasionaly can be. Walk pushbuttons mounted on the poles, and a button press results in the light switching earlier than normal. In this case, the entire cycle is shortened, and does not resume where it was interrupted, but starts over from 0 time.

Post your Logixpro version and I will review it for you. Or print your GMWIN version to a PDF file and post it here.

Last edited: