Price of Siemens DP-DP Coupler?

John Miller

I see from the search function that there are various people around here familiar with the Siemens DP-DP Coupler.

I wonder if one of these knowledgable people would be so kind as to let me know what one of these things cost. Undiscounted list price would work best for me. ;)

Why? I want to retroactively add cost as a justification for running a fibre Ethernet link 200-250 metres rather than run a DP link and then installing 8 of these couplers. [Fact is, cost was never the deciding factor in my mind for this choice.]

Thanks

L D[AR2 said:
Here's one I found, 444 Euros

Thanks. That's about half of what I was expecting (at the low end), but posts in previous threads on the couplers did say that they were "suprisingly not very expensive" or some similar thought.

That's okay. I'm still considerably below that (if I talk in terms of installing the full complement of 8 couplers), so I can tell the IT guys "Look, I just did it to save you money!" :whistle:

That's Cdn$709, US$691, and 4730 Chinese RMB. Hmm, that last one is not as high as I first thought. So maybe not "considerably" but still "measurably" lower.

Last edited:
Why do you need 8 couplers - are there 8 other systems or is it due to the amount of data you need to transfer ?

Yep

L D[AR2 said:
Why do you need 8 couplers - are there 8 other systems or is it due to the amount of data you need to transfer ?

Yep. 8 other systems. Lord help the Coupler approach if they ever thought of some reason these 8 could benefit from talking to each other. Admittedly very unlikely (of there being a need to communicate with each other).