Micrologix 1100 Remote Access on CH1

arnk

Hi

I want to get remote access to a Micrologix 1100 using the ethernet port CH1 as I am already using CH0 for a RS232 device. I can't get access via a local phone line or networked PC so I am trying to use a cellular modem.

I have an ethernet modem (MuyltiTech MultiModem GPRS Model MTCBA-G-EN-F4) that I can plug in to a local hub. The modem is GSM & GPRS. I have found that my carrier O2 does not supply a public IP address so I have given up trying to connect in via GPRS. I have now tried dialling in on a data phone number that O2 gave me and the modem answers, but fails the password username check. I guess I just need to configure something in my modem setup.

Assuming that I do finally manage to get a connection from my laptop running XP and I can ping the PLC, how do I connect to a remote PLC over the dialup connection in RSLogix 500?

Thanks
Al

remot access to micrologix 1100 in networked computer

i have the same problem too a has set up an local area network connection ,,i can access any computer from any computer ..now i want to know how to browse plc from a computer which is connected to the same network in which plc is connected
I GAVE IP TO PLC AND CAN ACCESS DIRECTLY TO PLC FROM COMPUTER WHICH IS CONNECTED TO PLC DIRECTLY VIA ETHERNET CABLE :)