Mitsubishi software

Outrage

Hi all,

I have a customer of a customer that's lost their PLC program in what's believed to be a Mitsubishi FX-48MR. I've been given 4x files that are believed to be the program. The files have the following extensions:
PRM, HDR, NAM, PRG
I'm just trying to identify if the program files match the type of PLC they've got and what program i need to open them? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Lee

Outrage said:
Hi all,

I have a customer of a customer that's lost their PLC program in what's believed to be a Mitsubishi FX-48MR. I've been given 4x files that are believed to be the program. The files have the following extensions:
PRM, HDR, NAM, PRG
I'm just trying to identify if the program files match the type of PLC they've got and what program i need to open them? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Lee

It is indeed the old DOS version of Medoc, however you can import these programs into the newer GX Developer software

Hi lads thanks for your quick replies!

I don't have medoc but do have developer - but i hasten to add, i'm not a mitsi programmer, Rockwell and Siemens are my bag. Can you point me in the right direction of importing the files, i've found the import function for medoc in developer but it's greyed out and wont let me use it!

Right, i've setup a new project and tried importing the file, with me just agreeing to all the prompts it looks like it's imported i'm looking at ladder so thanks for that. Before i get on a plane to Scotland would this software now jut download straight into the processor or is there anything i need to be aware of, u nfortunately i dont have a PLC to play about with. What cable would i need to talk to the PLC in the first post?

Thanks,

Lee

You shouldnt need to do anything to it unless its flagging any yellow rungs up, you can run a test on the program by going to Tools > Test Program

You need an SC-09 cable to program all the FX range

tragic, thanks for your help, i've managed to find the programming lead, kind of stands out in tghe box being pright red with the big D type connectors in the middle!

As per usual this forum and it's members have been a big help in a short time - i don't know how i get by without it!

Edda - thanks also for your help.

I have a F1-60MR on site. This plc is a 60 i/o unit so looking at the description you gave(48 i/o) it is one of the old type plc's that need an interface unit(F2-20GF1) and uses a SC03 cable. This SC03 cable, as far as I have tried, is not available any more. The normal FX1/2/3 use the SC09 and MEDOC/GX, Whereas the F1 only use Medoc

ah, ok that puts a bit of a spin on things.....
The customer has a programming cable as their laptop died taking medoc and the latest copy of the PLC code with it. are you saying that even if i convert it to GX i wount be able to download it to the processor?

Sorry for my ignorance, i have no experience with the hardware or software aspects of mitsubishi PLC's

Lee

No, there was an FX-48MR

If its got FX in the name it uses the SC-09.

Outrage: Just check with your customer, if its FX-xx then its an SC-09 end of story.

If it is of any use to you I have a MEDOC SC-03S2 cable, a FX-20PCADP cable that connects to the FXo range (don't know if it works with F1), a copy of MEDOC-FX 1.646 on 3.25 floppy, including manual and a MAC 30/40-CAB cable to connect the PLC to a MAC HMI. Free to good home if you arrange for collection from Manchester.

Bryan

Just a quick thanks to All involved in this, sorry it's been a while since my original post. The customer managed to locate a copy of Medoc and upload the program themselves.

BryanG, Thanks for the offer mate but keep hold of your cables and software for the next person thats struggling. I don't do enough Medoc to warrant taking the software i'm sure someone else will need it more than me.

Cheers,

Lee

I know that this is an old topic, but I have the same problem.

I have an old DOS Medoc program, which I need to open, to see inside.

I have "Melsec Medoc+ 2.40a", and "GX-IEC Developer 6.0"

I have tried creating a new project, and then importing the DOS program, but both programs insist on looking for a ASCII-import file (.asc), not the .HDR, .PRG, etc files that I have.

Help!!

Melsec Medoc Plus is not the same as Melsec Medoc.
Send me your files and I will make a printout to text file.
Not sure whether you will be able to import this into MM+ or GX, but you will be able to see the program.