SIMATIC PC with 2 Ethernet cards

naishadgosai

Dear All,

If i have a Siemens make CPU 315-2DP + Lean CP, ethernet switch(2 nos.) and a Wincc station with 2 ethernet card, should i create a redundency over ethernet on Wincc???

Each IE card connected to individual Switch and that to port of Lean CP.....what settings required on PC side to use IE cards in redundent mode

Thanks,
Naishad

You dont have to, but you can if you want to.
For a redundant connection, you need a software option called "Redconnect".
For instructions, go to Siemens support, and search for "Redconnect Ethernet".

I forgot to tell.
It will cost you quite a bit.
For a single connection, a generic NIC and Softnet (maybe even Softnet LEAN) will do.
For two ethernet cards, you have to switch to hardnet.
So 2 x hardnet cards + 1 x hardnet software + 1 x Redconnect will be quite expensive. But then again, so is WinCC.