Wonderware Script Error

Apel

DEAR ALL,
i AM SENDING FOLLOWING WW SCRIPT ,(ONLY SMALL PART), WHICH I FOUND WITH FOLLOWING ERROR MESSAGE...I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY?
FOR INDEX_X=1 TO 5
FOR INDEX_Y=1 TO 8
A_STSTOP="A_CSTOP"+Text(INDEX_X,"#")+Text(INDEX_Y,"#");
CALL TIME2INT(A_STSTOP , A_INTMTOT);
A_INTSTOP= A_INTMTOT;

A_STSTART="A_CSTART"+Text(INDEX_X,"#")+Text(INDEX_Y,"#");
CALL TIME2INT(A_STSTART , A_INTMTOT);
A_INTSTART= A_INTMTOT;

IF (A_TIMEMIN_NOW>A_INTSTOP AND A_TIMEMIN_NOW<A_INTSTART)
THEN CompressorNOT="Compressor"+Text(INDEX_X,"#");------->>ERROR:CAN NOT MIX ANOTHER TYPE WITH STRING.CompressorNOT DESCRETE TAG.

PLEASE HELP..

Doh.

Just what it says on the tin.... you've declared CompressorNOT as a discrete tag and are trying to assign a string value to it.

I'd check:
1. the variable type of Compressor (one being assigned value)
2. Casting function - "Text()", apparently in your case, so that the + operator deals with 2 strings.

Dear KRK,
THEN CompressorNOT="Compressor"+Text(INDEX_X,"#");------->>ERROR:CAN NOT MIX ANOTHER TYPE WITH STRING.CompressorNOT DESCRETE TAG

Compressor1-Compressor5 are descrete tag.

As I said before, this part of the script is trying to assign a string value to a tag named 'CompressorNOT' which looks to have been declared as a discrete.

Last edited:
Apel said:
DEAR ALL,
i AM SENDING FOLLOWING WW SCRIPT ,(ONLY SMALL PART), WHICH I FOUND WITH FOLLOWING ERROR MESSAGE...I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY?
FOR INDEX_X=1 TO 5
FOR INDEX_Y=1 TO 8
A_STSTOP="A_CSTOP"+Text(INDEX_X,"#")+Text(INDEX_Y,"#");
CALL TIME2INT(A_STSTOP , A_INTMTOT);
A_INTSTOP= A_INTMTOT;

A_STSTART="A_CSTART"+Text(INDEX_X,"#")+Text(INDEX_Y,"#");
CALL TIME2INT(A_STSTART , A_INTMTOT);
A_INTSTART= A_INTMTOT;

THEN CompressorNOT="Compressor"+Text(INDEX_X,"#");------->>ERROR:CAN NOT MIX ANOTHER TYPE WITH STRING.CompressorNOT DESCRETE TAG.

PLEASE HELP..

I've highlighted CompressorNOT for you -- that's where the problem is. CompressorNOT is a discrete and you're trying to assign it as a string.

But I think I see what you're trying to do. Are you trying to use an indirect tag? If so, you're building it wrong. You will want to define CompressorNOT as an indirect discrete. Then, you'll be wanting to assign CompressorNOT.name in the above location.

Last edited:
As others have indicated, you are constructing the assignment wrong. You cannot do an Indexed assignment like that. You need something like:

THEN
MyIndirectDiscrete.Name = "Compressor" + Text(INDEX_X,"#");
CompressorNOT.Value = MyIndirectDiscrete.Value;

MyIndirectDiscrete is a Tag defined as Indirect Discrete