DL105 programming

Rolando

R
I have a project to do for school, I am making a postal conveyor that will label boxes, the conveyor has trays where the boxes are loaded. The labeler is located about 2 feet away from the sensors. How can the labeler print when it reaches that station and not to print when a box is missing.

You will have to use a sensor to detect if the box is present and in position. If it is then print the label. If is not then dont print the label.

No, I think he's asking how can I detect the box 'now', but print it 'later'. If that's the case Rolando, then you'll want to look at using a simple time-delay, perhaps a counter, or (more likely) a shift register (if there can be more than 1 box between the sensor and labeler). A shift register will allow you to keep track of where the box is on the conveyor, but will require some type of clock pulse to know how far and how fast the conveyor is traveling... :unsure:

You'll need to provide more details for better answers... ;)

beerchug

-Eric