Connecting EATON HMi to EMERSON DX-480 motor control.

smart.Object

Hello everybody...
I am very new to logical controllers but I was given a task to replace our broken t-21 data entry terminal, which is very old and very expensive, with EATON HMI04BU. All it needs to do is have a number panel, where operator inputs number of holes that gets sent to a drive in ASCII code. Please let me know if this even possible, and some of the first steps if it is. Right now I can't even get them to comunicate with each other through the serial cable....

Here is a manual for DX-480 motor control:
http://www.emersonct.com/download_usa/manuals/amplifiers/40022100.pdf

Thanks in advance.
GB

Last edited:
Did you ever get that hmi to work?

I too am placed in a similar situation were we don't want to replace the drives but have no alternative but to replace the input panel.