Mitsi FX1s Question

Sparki

Can some one please enlighten me on this :-

The FX1S has a concealed, built-in Run/Stop switch, allowing quick and easy mode switching. In addition, two analog potentiometers are included which can be used to change the value of data register or timer/counter values.

Taken from here :-
http://www.meau.com/eprise/main/Web...tion_Guide/PLC-FX-Family/P-PLC-FX-Family-FX1S

I ham trying to change the value of D8013 in the following bit of code :-

[MOV D8013 D20] it is presently set at 60 secs,according to the manuals etc, you change this externally ,but i havent come across this before so im kinda asking for some examples on how this works and what to look for.

Regards
Sparki

From memory (I haven't done GX for a long time!) D8013 is a register associated with one of the potentiometers.

You won't be able to affect it's value as at the beginning of the scan it will read the current value of it, so your code will have no effect as it will be continously overwritten. The only way to affect the value is to adjust the position of the potentiometer.

You should be able to monitor it's value through GX Developer.

Jon.

Ok have checked manual now and potentiometers run on D8030 and D8031 (Pg 3-2, item 11).

Did you mean D8031, if so what I said above applies?

If not post your code, preferably as a jpeg or pdf and we can have a look at it.

Jon

Heres the start up code,

Code.jpg

Sparki

Are you sure the model is am FX1S

because if it is d8013 is not to do with the external pots.

On other models it is

heres what help says

Code:
Special register list[Number D8013]
Applicable Machine			 FX series PLC
Related item			  Common remarks 
=====================================================================================
Number D8013
Name Seconds
Contents Seconds data for use with an RTC cassette(0 - 59).
Details   
	 For FX0,FX0S PLCs and FX0N PLC’s not fitted with a RTC, the register D8013 represents
	 the value read from the first setting “pot” in msec,range(0 to 255).
Applicable CPU Not FX1

Revisited this today and I think ive cracked it :
The old PLC was a FXo - 20MR - ES , which ive replaced with a FX1s - 20 MR - ES/UL.
I sucked the program out of the old PLC with GX Developer v 8.03 cos i didnt have Medoc on my laptop.
In the information i downloaded from the mitsi website it included this info :-
Data Registers D8013 or D8030 & D8031 Data is entered directly through the external setting potentiometer/s.
In the manual i got with the new PLC there is no mention of D8013 working off the pots & this i proved today by winding the two pots up & down and monitoring the values.
So ive altered the D register to D8030 and i now have a controllable value in the register.
So im going to d/load some manuals and do some comparing to see if theres any more discrepancies which could be causing the rest of the problems im having with this kit.

So thanks for the replies guys, you might not have heard the last on this one :)

Regards
Sparki