1756-DNB 10.4 Devicenet scanner

vernon1

Hi all, I am working on a CLX system with a Devicenet scanner (1756-DNB 10.4).I need to add some more point I/O to network.
I have latest RS Networx for devicenet,but no PCMCIA interface card.
This particular scanner has a USB port on front,can i use it to upload/modify/download?
Do i need a driver for RS linx?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

My initial guess would be yes and yes but you probably need the supporting version of RSLinx for the revision of scanner. If you can get on the backplane any other way (i.e. Ethernet, RS232, Controlnet, etc) you can use these protocols to scan the backplane and get to the devicenet scanner that way also.

If you download and register (use the RSLinx Hardware Installation Tool) an EDS file for this firmware version of the 1756-DNB, you can use any modern 2.4x or 2.5x version of RSLinx Classic to browse through the 1756-DNB to the DeviceNet network. Your connection to the chassis can be over DF1, DH+, ControlNet, or EtherNet/IP.

To use the USB port on the 1756-DNB to access the backplane or the DeviceNet, you need RSLinx 2.53 or 2.54. Both of those will also let you upload the EDS file directly from the module and automatically register it.