PV 300 Configuration

Sparky2

I need help- I want to use a PV 300 with a OMROM CPM2A. I have used Panelbuilder to do a project with a PV and Micrologix, but I do not know if it is possible to configure the PV to use the tag addresses of the DM type from the OMRON- Has anyone done this before? Is it possible or needed to use the OMRON as a node?

Does the Omron speak Modbus? Cause that's the only non-AB serial port protocol available in PanelViews, and I'm not even sure if the PV300 can do Modbus. Another possibility might be DeviceNet if you can get a DeviceNet interface for the PV300 and for that model Omron.

In general, PanelViews don't have a large choice of non-AB communications protocols.

Thank You

Thak you Steve-as you can probably tell-I am a novice about protocols. I am trying to make the impossible, possible.

Steve Bailey said:
Does the Omron speak Modbus? Cause that's the only non-AB serial port protocol available in PanelViews

Profibus is an option in some Panelviews as well, but neither is an option for the PV300 family.

From the AB website:

pv300.gif