S7 Microwin 224 connection

calypsochris

Tried two different PG`s and no way can i connect to the 224.
Have tried with pc, and pc adaptor, without any issue whatso ever. Why wont the PG connect, keeps identifying the port already busy, any ideas? its bending my neddy!!!

If it is configured for freeport then you will need to put the plc in stop mode first. If you have RSLinx make sure any drivers are stopped. Also make sure your not running any software that would use the comm port (ex HMI software)

Not sure about that, but i have had no issues connecting to other 200`s, and have ensured there are no other drivers in use, as i said, the scenario is identical on two different PG

It tells you the port is busy when you are on the communication screen and double click to refresh or when you are trying to go online?

JOLTRON said:
If it is configured for freeport then you will need to put the plc in stop mode first. If you have RSLinx make sure any drivers are stopped. Also make sure your not running any software that would use the comm port (ex HMI software)
I'd say the port is configured for Freeport.
Put the PLC in STOP mode and give it a shot.
If you manage to go online, that will be your answer.
As you mentioned, the PG works with other stations/PLCs.
If you are running RSLinx as a service your serial port is definetely hijacked by RSLinx.
EDIT:Never mind the RSLinx stuff, it is a PG

Last edited:
Node number

Is has been a long time since I have worked with the Microwin 200 series, but i think that I remeber having the same problem form time to time.

What I found was that the node number on the PLC was the same as the one on the PC.

Try to change the node number on the PC.

So far I understand you can have more than one device after the PC adapter where each device require its own node/device number.

I hope this will help you.

Last edited:
on my opinion there are 3 available reasons for this:
1. PPI port is configured as free port.
2. The PLC and PG using the same address
3. The PLC and the PG are not using the same baud rate
I think that you can find enough infomartion about these problems using the SEARCH

sorry,
Adress 0
Remote 2
Interface CP5611
Protocol Auto
Mode 11-Bit
HSA 126
Baud rate 9.6

These settings work on all other 200`s, except this one

Cheers

1. by default the communication port is PPI, but if you connect for example a printer. you have to configure it as freeport and it's no more accessable as PPI and you cann't communicate with the PLC exept ....
Tip
Freeport mode can be controlled using special memory bit SM0.7, which reflects the current
position of the operating mode switch. When SM0.7 is equal to 0, the switch is in TERM
position; when SM0.7 = 1, the operating mode switch is in RUN position. If you enable Freeport
mode only when the switch is in RUN position, you can use the programming device to monitor
or control the S7-200 operation by changing the switch to any other position.
2. how you are sure that the PLC port is 2 ?!? you've said that you never went online. Change the PG number !!!
3. how you change the baud rate .. from the PG ?!?

and what PG cable and card you are using.

Last edited:
Ok, I have tried to start again,new file, tell me if you need any more info.
PLC is a 224
when i try to upload from the PLC, the message : Port could not be opened or is being used by other application.

Using MPI port and MPI cable from Siemens Field PG
using CP5611 Auto
Address 2
Remote 0
Baud rate 9.6, tried 19.2, and 187,5

Cheers