question on rslinx

syu

Hello,

when I run rslinx, I can see messages being sent from a compactlogix using a network sniffer but when I stop rslinx the compactlogix stops sending messages. Isn't the compactlogix suppose to send messages even without rslinx running? I am new to plc and any input will be great

Thank you

With RSLinx running, there will be packets of data between it and any PLC that it is detecting. If there is nothing else communicating with the CompactLogix then it will stop responding when RSLinx is shut down.

Can you describe how your system is connected and what you are trying to accomplish a little better?

Hello,

I am working on an application to handle messages from a compactlogix. The setup I have is my pc and compactlogix is connected to a switch using ethernet. First, I am trying to understand how messaging works between compactlogix and rslinx. I created a topic in rslinx in unsolicited mode to handle messages from compactlogix. I understand there is an auto mode or advise mode in rslinx. is this mode to notify the messages?

Thank you for inputs