Not that I'm complaining or anything...

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
About six weeks ago I started up a new RSView32 runtime station. I installed the runtime activation, but when we got to startup I knew I needed to make some quick changes. Rather than configure a network connection between the two computers and share the folder so that I could access the files and make the changes with my RSView Works on my laptop, I ran RSView works on the new PC instead. I got the customary RSView works not activated, will run for seven day grace period notice. I made my quick changes, saved the app, then set up the desktop and menu shortcuts to launch RSView Runtime and automatically run the app, and launched Runtime, which was previously activated. Well, this morning I noticed that at some point in time after someone had launched RSView32 Works instead of Runtime (probably after some shutdown), and it was happily running, despite the grace period for works having elapsed some five weeks previous. I shut it down, and then just for the hell of it, relaunched it. I got the grace period expired message, clicked OK, and Works went ahead and ran. I went ahead and exited and relaunched Runtime because I don't want people messing with it, but if the next time I need to make a quick change I'm sure not going to complain.

Last edited: