Import data from CTX5555 to MS Excel

C. Marshall

Good morning:
I am looking for a smooth method to tale value(s) in a tag array and write them in a MS Excel worksheet. The logic is in place in the 5555 and is doing some sampling of pressures, averaging the values over a 1 minute period, using a FFL to hold the 60 integers, and then starting over. We have the CTX side of this shooting match done and working fine.

One idea I have worked on: I have created a macro in Excel that simply takes the updating data that is brought into Excel via Rslinx/DDE and copies it to another worksheet location.
Rather than have Excel filling up with unwanted data, I would like to enable the macro to run by giving it time parameters from within the spreadsheet (a command button, etc.)

If anyone has some input on how to run an Excel macro with a start/stop time base, it would be much appreciated.
Any Excel gurus out there? Thanks.

Thank you,Ken. I'll check it out. I have it solved. Although my question is a bit more MS Excel related, your help is much appreciated. One of these days we will put down the cash for "real" trending software licenses. :)