RSView 32 App

plcengineer

How do I make an RSView32 App Autostart when the computer boots up? I know that I have done it before and you have to go somewhere?? and type in app name/r or something like that..

Thanks,

Mine's in the "startup" folder, as "C:\program files\Rockwell Software\RSView\RSviewrt32.exe" followed by the application in its location (in "") and /r.

tomalbright said:
Mine's in the "startup" folder, as "C:\program files\Rockwell Software\RSView\RSviewrt32.exe" followed by the application in its location (in "") and /r.

Tom, What you wrote was what I was about to write, then I read this post also by PLCEngineer.
Which at the time were next to each other.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=41049

So I answered this after deciding what was being asked by both questions.

edit
After another reread maybe Toms answer is the one wanted.

Last edited:
If you're using the "startup" folder and you always want it to run, be sure to put it under "all users":

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Dragging it straight to the Startup folder in the Start menu will only make the program run when the current user logs in. You'll see a list of all users who have ever logged in under "Documents and Settings".

I've seen it used both ways. I usually have an "operator" account that runs on startup, but add an "administrator" account where editing and other actions can be taken.

FWIW, in XP, to setup a single account, at "Run" box, type in "control userpasswords2" to bring up the interface box. There's a checkbox on there for single user.