Micrologix 1000 & Panel View 300 Micro

Just built a new panel with micrologix 1000 and PV300 micro in the old garage tonight. Tested out the programs by connecting a 1761-CBL-HM02 cable between the two. As always, found an error and had to reconnect up the DF1 cable to the Micrologix 1000.

My issues...the 1761-CBL-HM02 cable male connector will not release from the female Micrologix 1000 connector.

The new 1761-CBL-HM02 cable has what appears to be a latching plastic slider over the connector and I assume a feature to provide a positive locking connection of some sort.

Can't seem to get it to release. I don't want to damage the PLC considering it's shipping tomorrow. Before I apply a screw driver for leverage...and advice?

Completely not a problem I was expecting tonight. I have used this combo many times in the past but it's been a couple of years.

Thanks is advance for any response.

Last edited:
HMM? I have one in my hand right now. If I hold on to the cable with one hand and pull back on the plastic slider this releases the latch. Then pull plug out of the ML1000. Maybe your latch is not releasing? Push in before pulling out to help it release? (Does that sound kinky?)

Last edited:
Thanks for the response...
I initially did exactly as you suggested including pushing it in to help release. Think I will give up tonight and attempt to break it tomorrow morning. Thanks