KVM & KVM Extender

junior

I need to setup 4 remote monitors, mice, and keyboards @ approx 300' away from a desktop computer. What I want to use is the AdderView 4 port prism (AVP4-KVM) and then use the Adder X2 extenders to go from the Prism to the remote screens/mice/keyboards. I'm wondering if the Addreview Prism product can work with the X2 extenders to do this, and also, if this is a good way to go, or are there better solutions to this that I should be looking at.

TIA
Jr.

I recently setup ethernet KVM's over wireless ap's, works well.
I think ethernet KVM is the way to go for your issue, can you return the 4 port prism?

deanjw said:
I recently setup ethernet KVM's over wireless ap's, works well.
I think ethernet KVM is the way to go for your issue, can you return the 4 port prism?

I haven't bought anything yet, so if there's a better solution then I'm all ears. Can the ethernet KVM handle the 300' of distance?

We have several operator stations that are several hundred feet away from the main switcher, we use ethernet for cabling and blackbox KVM switchers.
LH

Longhorn said:
We have several operator stations that are several hundred feet away from the main switcher, we use ethernet for cabling and blackbox KVM switchers.
LH

Which model of the Blackbox KVM do you use?

KVM over IP is a little more money but well worth it in the end. Especially with the distances you describe..