could a paneview 700 talk to a GE 9030?

deanjw

could a paneview 700 talk to a GE 9030?
I updated the firmware to verson 5 and picked the ge driver snp and set the panel view to serial 1.

Has any one done this before?

How are you connecting to the Panelview?

The programming port on the power supply of the 90-30 is SNP by default. If you have a CPU module with one or more serial ports, they may have to be configured for SNP. The same goes for an IC693CMM311 module.

Default port parameters for the power supply port is 19.2 Kbaud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, odd parity. The port itself is RS485.

Received via PM

I received this via a private message from deanjw
9030 to panel view 700 com.
We are trying to get the 9030 to talk to the panel view 700, there is just no communication.

If you can call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx ASK for MIKE or post your thoughts here either would be fine.

I'm not sure what your expectations are about this forum. Please post your specific questions in public. I participate as a way of giving something back to a profession that has been good to me, but I am not willing to serve as a private, no-cost alternative to a Rockwell support contract.

I don't have any personal hands-on experience with connecting a PV700 to a 90-30. I'm simply passing on what I know about the default port settings on a 90-30. Furthermore, you haven't answered my question. Knowing how you're trying to physically connect will make it easier to focus on your specific issues.

i could care less about this forum, i was trying to make a friend in the business, I am sorry if i asked too much of you. TTLY.

deanjw said:
i could care less about this forum, i was trying to make a friend in the business, I am sorry if i asked too much of you. TTLY.

You'll be lucky to have any friends anywhere with that attitude. Steve was responding in an appropriate manner, I don't understand why you have taken this attitude with the forum, but we'll try to miss you.

It is not unusual for third party SNP driver writers to expect an SNP ID, you may want to check that with AB.

Update, we had to use Kepserver Enterprise to get the tags into the panel view. Also the biggest thing was to upgrade the firmware on the panelview to get the SNP driver. Still work'n on it. Dead line is tomorrow.