Panel View 300 question

Soggy Canuck

Lifetime Supporting Member
I Have an existing PV300 talking to a SLC5/03. The client wanted an additional writable parameter added in. No Big deal right? I modified the PLC code to suit and proceded to add in the WRITE, NOTIFICATION, and HANDSHAKE Tags to the PV application(using Panelbuiler 32). Downloaded the application no problem.

When I called the numeric entry and attempted to write to the PLC I get the following Error Code: "ERROR 208 Unable to write to remote device".

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks Soggy

Thanks for the reply.

I did look through the knowledgebase and saw the same files, the power supply shouldn't be an issue - it worked fine both before and after I changed the PV300 application, the addressing I have checked twice, I am using the same format as two other existing numerical inputs.
I suspect this will turn out to be another of those subtle settings issues that seem to catch me whenever I go back to a system I haven't played with for a few years.

In the tag database in PB32, is the correct "Node Name" selected for the tags?

Also, do the addresses actually exist in the SLC?

Those are the only two causes I can think of since it's not a RIO interface...

Paul

Soggy,
Zip your SLC file and the PV program and post here if you can.
Tell us the register your writing to and the tag name of the write tag.
And what screen the write is on.
Someone can help you look.