RSLogix ASCII Program Import

Alfb

Is there a way to import a complete program into RSLogix via a standardized file format such as Ascii? What I am trying to do is create portions of a program outside of RSLogix and import it in for use in RSLogix. I know that you can import comments and other parts but I am interested in importing complete rungs via Ascii or other similar file type.

Which RSLogix(5,500,5000)?

I don't think there is an option for saving files in a text format for 5 and 500. Copying to and pasting from PC5/SLC library file works well.

With 5000, you can save as .L5K file, open in a text editor, make edits and re-open in logix.

Any/all of the RSLogix families. I forgot about the L5K file for 5000 so that helps some but would like something similar for the 5/500 families. Be aware that I am not so much wanting to save into that format as to create something external that I can bring into RSLogix. Thanks for the information.

I have done it whilst translating, I can't remember the mechanics of it but I believe I translated from Logix500 first, which put it into Logix5000, then I could create an L5K and edit that in text format? That doesn't help you create Logix500 code though. That said I'm pretty sure there was a way to do it in Logix500 as well. Certainly you can type entire rungs in text format when you enter them (XIC B3:0.0 OTE B3:0.1 etc etc) so there must be a way, hidden somewhere . . . sorry, not exactly helpful is it.