slc 500 battery?

joeparrish

I am not real familury with old slc 500 this is 1747-l40a Its droped the program cpu light flashing I assume due to a low battery.

So my queistion is is where is the battery? I pulled the cover off that is to the left front (it has a fuse inside) I cant find a battery.

Sounds like you're in the right neighborhood... the battery holder is right over the fuse, plug should be just over and to the right.

For the Installation and Operations manual for those old fixed SLC500s, search for publication 1747-6.21 in AB's literature library.

joeparrish said:
I am not real familury with old slc 500 this is 1747-l40a Its droped the program cpu light flashing I assume due to a low battery.

So my queistion is is where is the battery? I pulled the cover off that is to the left front (it has a fuse inside) I cant find a battery.

HMMM? If the battery is low the "Low Battery Led" should be on.
See PDF's below for battery location and troubleshooting guide.

joeparrish said:

Did you have any spikes recently or a bad storm??
If the answer is yes, it wipped out the entire program or part of it.
A reload is due.
I agree with Mickey, if the batetery was low you would have gotten the "Low Batery" indicator.