CJ1m Omron port resetting on first scan

mordred

I would like to know if its viable to initiate a port reset by writing a 1 to auxillery A526 and A527 by setting those two locations to 1 on a first cycle scan if so what is the first cycle instruction? And If I understand those two auxilleries correctly
the bit will reset to 0 after it completes the reset

Not sure what you are trying to do.

From the W393-E1-12 manual, A526 is the Port Restart Bits.
This would happen at power up automatically.

A527 indicates On-Line Programming Disable Bits in the manual.

The First Scan Flag is A200.11.

All information is from Appendix C in the W393 manual.

Hope this will help.

I agree its suppose to happen on power up however on 3 seperate occassions I've had to manually reset this bit so I'm developing a reset routine. Thanks for the first scan flag. The Electrical engineer recommended I place the rewrite instructions off the start button activation which I will probably do. Kind of curious though In my limited experience with Omron the only model I've had a problem with the port shutting down had been the CJ1m series I've never encountered it on the other models or series but this has happened on 2 different machines with different applications

What is the port connected to?

I am not familiar with the port shutting down.
I am wondering if the device connected is shutting down.

Port parameters can be modified through program with the STUP instruction.

Just a thought.

The port is connected to a Noax touch screen which runs windows xp the application program is a tried and well tested application that is used throughout 17 sister plants everytime we have a problem simply writing a 1 to the A526 clears the problem for a period of approx 3 months this time is not consistent. Anyways I've already placed in the modification and tested it it will take sometime to know for sure (real world as opposed to simulations test)