how to sinmulate a profibus master with PC

Hi everybody,

I'm seeking for a software solution to simulate a ProfiBus master. I'd like to test the communication between my PLC (siemens S7300) and a future one (via a DP coupler). I've found some product on the internet but these ones are very expensive. Does somebody got a cheap solution for me???

Simply purchase the DP Coupler and the new CPU well in advance, then hook it up for a real test. Does not cost extra, is not simulated - but real. What more can you ask for ?

Another option is using WinLC but believe it takes a bit of configuring.
Probably better going with Jespers idea as you could probably get a coupler for the same price as WinLC + License...and its real.

LH

.. or connect both sides of the coupler to the profibus network of the cpu and then perform your communications tests on the same cpu !

Actually, what is there to test? A DP Coupler is probably the easiest interface there is. If I need to simulate one, I would just write a function that "pretended" to be the other CPU and test it that way.