SCADA Errors

mrdegold

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
_We’ve been having something of a tooth ache of a problem over quite some time. Over the last two day or so it seems to have gotten worst.
_My plant is using a scada package called WIZCON we are using version number 7.61 and have been for several years. All the PLC’s in our network are Allen Bradley SLC 5/05 except one PLC5. All comms are done over an Ethernet network.
_For the vast majority of our tags Wizcon uses its own Allen Bradley communication driver which works fine for our application. A very small percentage of our tags we use an OPC driver utilizing RS linx gateway as our OPC server (Wizcons Allen Bradley driver will not accept certain tag type for example strings and counter and timer presets.)
_We have two identical computers set up to be able to run the scada package from. We can run the Scada from either the primary or backup computer and each maintains the ability to completely run the plant on it own not using anything (Programs or Data) that resides on the other. This level of redundancies has saved us on more than a few occasions over the years.
_We collect process data for our business system and often are missing important data point that we have traced to errors in the OPC data.
_Our problem is that the OPC has never been completely reliable. We on a regular basis get comms errors. We were seeing a major Scada error that we believed was due to problems to the OPC Comms. About once every week or two. Over the past couple days this has become about every 4 hours or so.
_Today I switched to the Backup computer. Although the two computers are set up the same they seem to handle running the OPC differently usually the computer running now is the worst of the two with OPC but considering how bad the Primary has been over the last couple of days I figure it couldn’t be much worst and it’s been about 7 hour so far today. And we’ve haven’t got an error message yet.
_As I have stated this has been an ongoing problem that has gotten much worst over the last two days or so. With the vast knowledge base that frequents this forum I would greatly appreciate any help I can get ideas, thoughts, comments or anything else that could give us a course of action in an attempt to resolve this once and for all.

Thanks

Michael