Allen-Bradley RSLogix5000 - timer question

When implementing a timer, when I go to enter a value for the preset, it states that the ladder element field is non-editable.

I was wondering if anybody has any insight into fixing this problem?

Thanks

In RSL5000, the timer nor its elements exist until you create the location. You can't assign a "preset" to a non-existent location. Different than the other RSL products, but that's the way it works.

tomalbright said:
In RSL5000, the timer nor its elements exist until you create the location. You can't assign a "preset" to a non-existent location. Different than the other RSL products, but that's the way it works.
This is the way it is, Tom is right.
Create a new tag, "My_Timer" or something similar,the data type of the tag defined as "TIMER".
Once your tage is created and defined you can enter parameters as you would like.
I'd suggest that you create the tag under "Controller" in case you need to monitor/edit from an HMI.