Micrologix 1000 usb comm cable error

amihan1970

Hi everyone, I have a replacement cable for 1761-CBL-PM02, w/c the other side is RS232. But my laptop don't have that port, instead its a usb port. So I bought A HL usb to RS232 adpter, i installed it with its driver and communicate, but the RSLinx won't recognize the path, I may thinking its the driver, So there anyone who knows the solution please let me know. My OS is VISTA. thank you very much

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum.

Only RSLogix 500 version 8 and RSLinx Classic version 2.54 are supported in Windows Vista. Make sure you have those current versions of the software.

Describe exactly what you mean by "RSLinx won't recognize the path". Can you configure the DF1 Full Duplex driver in RSLinx Classic correctly, and does RSWho browse and display an icon for the controller ?

I very strongly recommend the Keyspan HS-19 USB/RS232 adapter. It is more expensive than some converters, but is very well supported by Keyspan and has been used with a high degree of success by many Forum members.