PID Omron

Melin

M
Hello:
I want to use the instruction of omron pid to move a valve motorized without refeeding, that is with proportional position control (one relay to open, and other to close), and the valve have a 190seconds for open to close.

Some idea to begin?

Thanks

You have a couple of choices here. Most PID algorithms (I don't know about Omon) have a "heat/cool" output option for the PID, and you can use that to turn on the open/close contacts of the valve motor.

Peter's right, though - floating control is probably easier to implement and can be more stable than PID, depending on the process. In essence you use limit checks to see if the process variable is within tolerance. If not, you close the appropriate valve motor contact to move it for a set amount of time, and initiate a response delay, and then check again. You can have multiple tolerance bands and multiple travel and response times, and get as elaborate as you need to for the process requirements.

PID Omron have an output of 16bits(configurable) and I don't know how to transform the output of the instruction to motorized valve position.

I'm searching the algorithm of boundless control without luck on the web.

i do it all the time as i do a lot of tempcontrollers with plc's
Very simple for control if lower then close valve if higher then open valve
this way only one point is deadzone.
better control is possible, greater deadband
pulsed outputs
control of position with Integrator