temp control on automation direct

stu

hi i have a problem on a machine it is controlled by a automation direct plc 205 with a touch screen(rsview 32) the problem i am having is the temp on the screen is not moving it is 82f all the time is there a way to see if i am getting a signal back at the plc? i am not very good on the automation stuff.

thanks for your time

stu

Stu,

Yes, you can check the temperature signal at the DL-205 Input terminal block. How you check it depends on what type of signal it is. If it is a thermocouple, you need a milivolt meter. If it is from a signal transmitter, it is probably a 4-to-20 milliamp signal, in which case you need an ammeter with a miliamp range.

If you have access to the PLC program, you can also look inside the program to see if the signal level is changing, although this is not easy on an Automation Direct PLC.

First, make sure your PLC is still running. Check the RUN LED to see if it is on. It could have faulted or lost its power.