Want to convert real to time in S7

JvdV

Hi there,

I need to convert a real number to an time value to put in an PID function of siemens and I'm not quiet sure how to do this.
So far I found out that the time is an dint. Do I have to convert the real first in a dint and then to time ?

All help is appriciated.

Jurgen

normaly a real value like (xxx.yyy) the xxx part means days to a base day(1, Jan, 1900). the yyy part is second of a day.

if yyy=5 means 12:00pm

If you are using the standard blocks like CONT_C, then the CYCLE parameter is in TIME format. TIME is really just a DINT representing the time in milliseconds.

If your REAL is in milliseconds already, then you can do this:

L rTime // rTime = REAL with time is milliseconds
RND
T tTime // tTime = TIME with time is milliseconds

If your REAL is in seconds, then you can do this:

L rTime // rTime = REAL with time is seconds
RND
L L#1000
*D
T tTime // tTime = TIME with time is milliseconds

notice: in both cases the fractional part of the REAL is discarded.