Mitsubishi Q64TDV-GH Thermocouple Input

TamHo

Hey guys,

I'm having some difficulty getting two of the modules to work on a Mitsubishi Q-Series PLC. The module part number is Q64TDV-GH which is a 4-channel thermocouple input module. J-Type are being used.

Here is the rack setup:
PSU, Q02HCPU (PLC)
Slot1-Q64AD,Header 00H
Slot2-Q64DAN,Header 10H
Slot3-Q64TDV-GH,Header 20H
Slot4-Q64TDV-GH,Header 30H

The switch settings for the two Q64TDV-GH have been set appropriately through GX Developer.

Using both methods were unsuccessful:
1. without GX-Configurator-TI and setting up the module through
the buffer addresses.
2. using GX-Configurator-TI and mapping the output address
directly to "D" data registers.

The problem I am having is I am only getting a reading from Ch1 & Ch3, nothing from Ch2 & Ch4 from both modules.

All channels have been enabled. I thought it might have been a 32-bit data input so I've already tried even numbers eg. Ch1-D100, Ch2-D102...etc.

I'm stuck. Has anyone worked with these modules before? or can maybe offer some advice? I know it's probably something very simple.

Thanks in advance,

Tam

i've never used this one but it should be same as any other card (specially analog input cards).
quick look at the buffers shows that buffer locations 0,10,11,12,13,14 and 19 should be all to get basic operation (note: they are 16-bit values).

i didn't look through the specs of all cards, usually analogs map only 16 bit (most other special cards are 32-bit) so your I/O map is probably ok.

to enable channels of the card with base addres h20 (head address is h2 - always strip the last digit to get head address since we are not addressing special cards to a bit level):

ld sm400 // always on
mov hf U2\G0 // set lowest 4 bits of the buffer 0 on card with base address h20 (head address h2)

to read card errors into D10:

ld x2f // if card has fault
mov U2\G19 D10 // copy the fault code into D10

to read channels and conversion status from card into some temp location (here it's D100-D104):

ld X20 // if card is ready
bmov u2\G10 D100 k5 // copy conversion status and 4 channels to temp

to get converted value only instead of random number which is result of incomplete conversion:

ld D100.0
MOV D101 D11 // Channel 1
ld D100.1
MOV D101 D12 // Channel 2
ld D100.2
MOV D101 D13 // Channel 3
ld D100.3
MOV D101 D14 // Channel 4

observe wiring diagrams and any card errors (X20, X2F, D10 etc.)if this doesn't work, check if the scaling values and range (buffers 50, 51 etc.)

Hey thanks for your help.
I found out the problem. It was incorrectly wired.
The wiring diagram on the card itself is very confusing to read so the electrican wired it wrong. I re-checked it myself and voila.

Thanks for taking the time in responding.
Very much appreciated.

Tam.