need programming help for 5TI PLC

onyx

hi,

We want to convert the 5TI PLC program in to the mitsubishi plc program. We are just having logic written on the paper e.g.

out not y47
str y47
and not cr00
out cr1
str y47
out cr0 and so on.......

It has 1023 steps written.
we are facing some problems such as
1. Wat is the meaning of NOP? Does it mean No Operation? and if yes, how wil it affect the program?
2.With such type of info available,how to identify the time base of the timer?

NOPs can be ignored, eg
str y47
NOP
NOP
and not cr00
is exactly the same as
str y47
and not cr00
I seem to remember all the timers had the same time base, probably 0.1s, but not sure

Ah, the old 5TI timers!

Beware the 5TI timer, my son. GeoffC is right that the number entered against each timer is a total of 10ths of a second, so 354 would be 35.4 seconds. But ... (there's always a but!)

There was no timing circuitry in a 5TI. No little 555 chips anywhere. I don't think they'd even been invented then. The 5TI used (wait for it) mains cycles as its timebase. I remember back in the last century getting 5TI-controlled machines in the UK which had been built and set-up by US machine makers. And they had set up all the timing intervals based on multiples of 60Hz mains (i.e. 0.01667s cycles). Of course, the UK uses 50Hz mains (0.02s cycles). At home the US 5TI would count 6 cycles and say "Right, that's 0.1s elapsed" whereas in the UK it would count the same 6 cycles and be blissfully unaware that 0.12s had elapsed. Oh, the fun we had with bits of machinery banging in to one another and conveyors running at the wrong times etc!

There was a little jumper inside the 5TI that was clearly marked for 50Hz or 60Hz mains and this eliminated all the problems. It basically told the PLC whether to count 5 or 6 cycles to get 0.1s

At the end of the day this doesn't really matter if you're converting a program (my God, how old is the system with the 5TI?) but I thought I'd throw it in for history's sake.

Ken

need prograaming help for 5TI PLC

thanks a lot Ken and Geoffc.
there is one more doubt that I have
tmr 00
OR
tmr 00
In the first case, 3 could be the preset value but wat is the meaning of 0 in the next step. same in the second case, wat is the meaning of 2 written in the last step.

And here all the timers hace same number as TMR 00?

STR CR28
AND NOT CR 26
OR X32
OR CR40
OR CR41
OUT CR28
AND NOT X0
OR Y48
AND NOT CR26
OUT Y48
STR NOT OR CR 1023 ...(?)
STR NOT OR CR 1023
STR NOT OR CR 1023
STR NOT OR CR 1023
STR NOT OR CR 1023
STR NOT OR CR 1023
STR X35
AND NOT X53
MCR 10

can abybody help me in writing these rungs? actually I m not getting that while starting the new rung why it is written as OR CR 1023?