Functional Block Diagram outputs

Krilun

I am somewhat new and very much still learning the trade. I have a written a functional block diagram where I use the same output reference twice in the diagram. There are big X's by the connectors, I assume this means I'm not allowed to use the same output reference more than once in more diagram. Is this true? If it is, how can I avoid this?

further info:
I am referencing a BOOL tag twice under different conditions.

No, FBD (assuming RSLogix) will not allow duplicate output references in a single routine.

You can avoid it by, well, not having duplicate output references. Use a single output, and a selector (SEL, ESEL, SSUM, MUX) to feed the actual output reference.

You can link references between pages using input and output wire connection elements (the oval ones).

Multiple identical input references can be placed, if desired.