Input Field WInCC Flexible, input real...

userxyz

I have a problem with inputting data...

to show a real i solved it like this:

I made a DINT and shifted a decimal place...

But, what if I want to enter data from 0.0 to 999.99 in wincc flex ? It doesn't work...

Anyons knows how to do this ?

Hi, I'm not quite sure what your problem is but I've just tried it and had no problem. Is it maybe the "Format Pattern"? try typing in the pattern as 999.99 this should allow you to enter/display any number from 0.0 to 999.99.

Nick

P.S. I like Ghent very much, I've done work there years ago for UCB films (and ICI before that).

heyhey

Okay, I now realise how dumb my question was, entering 999.99 works.

:) Ghent is the city of artists in Belgium

Manglemender said:
Hi, I'm not quite sure what your problem is but I've just tried it and had no problem. Is it maybe the "Format Pattern"? try typing in the pattern as 999.99 this should allow you to enter/display any number from 0.0 to 999.99.

Nick

P.S. I like Ghent very much, I've done work there years ago for UCB films (and ICI before that).

Is it a REAL or is it a DINT ?

For a REAL to have the input field display as 0.00 - 999.99 you have to specify the Format pattern as 999.99.
To limit the entry to 0.00 - 999.99 you have to add limits to the tag (min=0.0, max=999.99).

If it is a DINT, you specify Format pattern 999999, and shift the decimal point 2 places.
To limit the entry to 0.00 - 999.99 you have to add limits to the tag (min=0, max=99999).

edit: OK, you got it fixed.