Ehternet Radio Suggestions

timmyh

A site I am working on is upgrading to ethernet radios. Has anybody worked with freewave radios? Are they reliable? The other choice is MDS inet-II. I know these will get the job done but they are a lot more expensive. Thanks in advance

Tim

I used Freewaves several years ago but they did not offer an Ethernet model then. The ones that I used were pretty simple spread spectrum serial models but they were reliable and worked well.

Steve

Just my two cents, but I tried setting up a couple Freewave 900MHz ethernet radios between two sites about three years ago, and had nothing but problems out of them. The configuration was difficult, and they weren't very reliable. I ended up replacing them with Dataradio HiPR radios and the system worked just fine. Keep in mind that this was about three years ago, so the current models could be perfectly fine. I've also used a number of MDS radios and have found them to be very reliable.

I have never personally used the freewaves, but have heard that they are more susceptible to interference.

as far as the inet's go, we have literally hundreds of them and seldom have any problems.

sometimes you get what you pay for.