Books for SCADA design standards and data communication protocols

lazy8

Could anyone recommend books in the follwoing:

1. SCADA and HMI design standards, and
2. Data communication protocols used in the automation industry?

That handbook was great.

I'm still looking for more info on communiation protocols like, TCP/IP, profibus, modbus, modbus plus, controlnet, devicenet,interbus,232,422,485, etc, all in one book.

More info like what ?

You might have to be a bit more specific about exactly what you want to see, the handbook i linked too gives details all the major communication protocols you have specified.

Practical Data Communications for Instrumentation and Control, by Park, Mackay Wright, published by Elsevier Science & Technology, 2003

ISBN numbers: 0750657979, 9780750657976

Dan

Thank you guys for the help.

I saved the handbook tragically1969 suggested. It has lots of info on the communication subject. Ordered some of the books of the series danw suggested.

The IEEE doc. was very good too.

There is a new book by ISA called "Human Machine Interface Design for Process Control Applications", available after 09-30-08. Let's see how that one is.

Thanks again.

SCADA and automation standard

Here is one, but only for Power station automation.But some of its standard still can be follow for other too...

I think this will be helpful,

sorry ,I can not attach ,its big size...hope you can google" file name-"EKYAGCAAAAAAAAAA[1]"