AB SLC Analog Scaling

XtremeIN

Hello all. I know this has beeen coverd but my mind is justabout shot, been up for 32 hours. I have a SLC with an analog card. My note state the scaling is done using the following equastions.
(max-min)/4000mA-20000mA=Slope
min-(4000mA-Slpoe)=Offset
(value X Slope)+ offset=scaled value. For some reason I cannot get this to work on paper.....What am I doing wrong?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks,
Micheal

first of all, what module are you using? ... are you sure that the 4000 to 20000 range is correct for your hardware and setup? ...

next, tell us what range of values you want to go out ... example: 0 to 3000 psi ...

just curious ... why aren't you using an SCP instruction for this? ...

I have a SLC 5/05 with a 1746-NI16I Analog Input card. This program was written almost two years ago and that was how I was told to do it. It works very well. I need to change out some Flow Sensors and the Min/Max are different thereofr the Slope and Offset would be different. Min Flow would be )gpm and Max Flow at 20gpm. The card is set up fpr Class 3if it makes a difference......

Ok, I figured it out. I thought the formila for the Offset was incorrect and it is. The correct formula is Offset = Min-(4000mA X Slope). Thanks for wanting to help Ron.

Micheal

I think what you're looking for is

SLOPE = 0.00125
OFFSET = -5

(looks like a typo in your latest post) ...

and if you're OK - then I'm OK ...

but I still don't know why you're not just using an SCP ... most people would ... of course there ARE reasons not to ... just wondering ...

get some rest, dude ...