Two Profibus Modules on the same Contrologix remote rack

djpalaz

Hello,

Has anyboy used 2 profibus modules on a remote contrologix rack before? I cant seem to schedule the network using controlnet. I get the following errors when I try to save?

1) The amount of transmitted scheduled data for address 01 exceeds the maximum allowed for a single node.

2) Exceeded 100% of scheduled network bandwidth. There is not a network update time (NUT) setting that will correct this problem. Reduce the amount of scheduled traffic or change the physical con

The maximum number of Profibus modules you can use in a single chassis is 16.

That's all the slots except for one, where the controller or communication module will go.

Your problems scheduling the network are explained adequately in the error messages you are getting. Resolve the data volume issues and you will succeed.

This problem can appear when I/O modules with very large connection sizes are located in remote chassis over ControlNet. The CIP protocol only allows 510 bytes of data in a single I/O packet, so if a large (or several large) I/O connections are scheduled at the same RPI, RSNetworx will realize it can't fit all that data into a scheduled connection and generate this warning.

The usual approach is to limit the amount of data in the I/O connection. I have encounted this problem with 1756-DNB scanners, so I decrease the size of the I/O connection to only what I need for the scanlist. Prosoft offers their popular MVI56-MCM in an "R" version with a Reduced connection size.

Is this a Woodhead Profibus module or a Prosoft Profibus module ? Can you reduce the I/O connection size ?

I feel I was a little harsh with my reply - put it down to tiredness.

I tried to convey the same information as Ken's post, although not so eloquently put.

My Apologies.