Using a 1761-NET-ENI in "reverse"

bradal

Is it possible to communicate through a serial radio to a 1761-net-eni and connect to the ethernet port on a compactlogix (or into switch). I need the serial port for some ascii commands on the PLC.

Looking in the 1761-NET-ENI manual it looks like this should work but it says to configure RSlinx as per my screenshot which doesn't make sense. I have the NET-ENI set to 192.168.1.148 and node 1 in the message routing table set to 192.168.1.149 which is the address of the compactlogix PLC. I have Compactlogix routing selected as well, and I still cannot get the ethernet side of the NET-ENI to respond....any ideas... Ken :p :geek:

The more I work on this and read the manual the more I think that this isn't actually possible. Anyone have some help or advice?