CLX revision reverting

raphael

Hi All,
Is it possible to revert back to old revision for CLX1756-L53 for exp, , ie, if the firmware was rev 13 and upgraded to rev 15, is it possible to revert back to rev 13, and if yes how?

Thx All

Never done a down-grade, but I don't know of any reason why you couldn't. It's just a flash... When you flash the processor, it wipes everything out then reloads.

Can't imagine WHY you would want to, though???

OZEE said:
Never done a down-grade, but I don't know of any reason why you couldn't. It's just a flash... When you flash the processor, it wipes everything out then reloads.

Can't imagine WHY you would want to, though???

First thanx for your replies,
then, we have a running application developped by a third party under rev13, and we have to keep it under this rev in case there's a modification to be done later and the developper has only rev13.

We have a test bench with a CLX L55, for the workshop, and a DHRIO module rev D. The Logix rev 13 can't recognize this module, then we have to upgrade the CLX firm to 15. The problem is that the CLX is also a spare for the running application, and could be at anytime installed for the running ver 13. Thus my question to go up and down with firm versions.

Now I can confirm that the upgrade from 13 to 15 or 16 is possible, and also the downgrade from 15 or 16 to 13 even to 11 is also possible. We have made that without problem.

On the other hand, the upgrade of the apllication itself from lower rev to upper rev is possible, but the downgrade from upper to lower rev isn't possible/

Then if one day you have to upgrade an application you should always keep a copy of the lower version inhand, otherwise you are....

Thanx all for your help

I did a downgrade from V16 to V15 last week as client will not accept V16. Flashed the CLX L-61 from V16 to V15 and copy and pasted tags and rountines from one app to other.

Job done in 15 minutes...

You can, if you are savvy, down-convert the application.

Export it to an L5K file, then edit it to change any references to version info down to the needed one.

Then try to open (import) it - any "unsupported" revision features will be in error, and you will need to "fix-up" the L5K file again.

Trial and Error method, and messy, but I have done it in the past and got back to the desired revision.

I can't guarantee this works for all scenarios, and I can't remember the revisions I was dealing with at the time, it could have been anything upwards from rev. 6

HTH

Just a warning with L55 - they are not compatible with V17. So, you are bound to V16 at best.