Communication CP 243-1 by internet

mulderm

Hello,

I have a S7-200 plc (CPU222) with a CP 243-1 ethernet-module connected on my home network.
I can communicate with the plc using Microwin installed on my notebook everywhere in my home by a ethernet-connection.
Now I will communicate with my plc when I have my notebook connected on internet somewhere else
example on my holiday-adress.
Is this possible?
Can I using portforwarding on my router and how must I configure this in MicroWin?

Greetings,

mulderm

You just need a static Ethernet IP address that can be seen over the internet. Most ISPs can arrange this for you but usually you don't have control over the IP address that is assigned to you. We,our customers, access our controllers over the Ethernet all the time but we have a block of assigned IP address at Delta so the IP addesses are fixed. These IP addresses are not protected by our firewall so the customers can easily access our controllers. If your PLC is behind a firewall then you may need to fuss with your firewall to permit the Microwin to pass on the static IP address and at the port it uses.

On the Microwin side you just need to set the IP address of the PLC to that if the fixed IP address. Note, the performance will drop. Response times will go from about 10 ms to 50-100 ms depending on the internet activity and number of hops.

Peter,

I have a static IP-adres assign to my CP 243-1.

Example: IP adres in CP 243-1 is 10.0.0.0

Internet IP adres (my provider) is: 98.111.222.333

So how must I configure this in MicroWin or Router(portforwarding?)

mulderm