gx developer

Densam

Hie guys at work at the moment learning plcs. The programme i am looking at works but i want to modify a rung. The plc is ASeries. I wanted to save the project before modification in case weired things happen, then i will put it back to origional. My first problem is i am failing to save it to the memory stick using save as then the drive. Second thing is when i do modify and convert the project, connected to the plc, do go to the online tab click write to plc? I have no manual for gx developer if someone can help please.

Just save as to hard drive first, it creates a directory (same as filename), There are one of two ways to download to the plc, 1: change the code then download the whole program 2: set the project to on-line modifications (write during run)then when you alter the code & Verify (rung goes from grey to normal) it will automatically download only the changes providing it is not too large.

I would start by doing a "read from plc" and then do "save as" and name the project.
Now you can go to "monitor" and select "write mode". You can now make online changes to the code which will take effect after you click "verify" .