1756-DNB USB port???

gmferg

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Does anyone know what the deal is with the USB port which is on the front of the latest 1756-DNBs?

Does this allow me to go online with the DNet network? Is there a new driver in Linx for this?

What happened to the little black button which made it fast and easy to setup a new DNB?

The 1756-DNB Series C has rotary switches on the side for MACID and data rate; that should make it even easier than the black button.

You're right about the USB connection; RSLinx 2.51 and later has the driver. You can get online with the DeviceNet (browsing is faster than ever) or anything else in the backplane (like the CPU). The 1756-CN2/B and 1756-EN2T/EN2F share the same chipset and have this USB connector as well.

There's a Technote (AID# 50064) on some of the new features in the /C module.

A user on one of the Forums pointed out a different between the /B and /C modules when sending a message with an Attribute value of zero, and there was a firmware update almost immediately after launch (you want 10.005 firmware) but otherwise the Series C module is pretty much a drop-in replacement for its predecessors.