Twidosuite Timer issue

chud

Good day all.
When using a timer in twidosuite is it possible to change the preset value with a %mw like in pl7 or unity.
I tried this in an operational block (%tm0.p:=%mw0) and the software accepted this command yet in simulation the timer still times out to the value configured in the timers configuration.
In the documentation it specifies that the preset value is adjustable but i'm not sure if they are only referring to the timers configuration only.
Tank you in advance for any help

Chud,

Have you put a LD 1 instruction in front of your compares, i.e.

LD 1
[ %mw0 := 2000(or whatever value) ]
[ %tm0.p := %mw0 ]

This works fine as it is always loading a value into %mw0 and then into %tm0.p therfore overwriting the default value.

Jon.

You need to make sure the timer is configured to be adjustable
In the program tab, select configure the data, the select function blocks and you will see a table of timers the last column is a tick box to make the timer adjustable

Geoff

Thanx for the quick replies. The timers are set to adjustable and I just put the extra code you recommended.I found this in the documentation which suggests to me that you cannot alter the preset value with a %mw

Configuring Timers

To configure a Timers Function Block using the Timers Configuration Table:

For the selected timer %TMx in the table, click the Symbol text box.

The Symbol text box displays the alphanumeric name, if assigned, for this variable (see Defining Symbols for more details.)

Select the Timer Type. Options: TON (Timer On Delay), TOF (Timer Off Delay), and TP (Timer Pulse). Default: TON.

Select the Time Base which sets the unit of time for the timer. Options: 1 ms (%TM0 to %TM5 only), 10 ms, 100 ms, 1 sec, and 1 min. Default: 1 min.

Select a Preset value. Range: 0 to 9999. Default: 9999.

Select the Adjustable option to allow the Preset value to be changed using the Animation Tables editor.

Use the Up/Down keys to scroll through the list of timers.

Changes are effective as soon as the cursor leaves the current timer line

(Point number 6)

Below I made a printout of the section of code. When testing the program once again the preset value does not change. What bothers me is that the %mw doesnt change its value either

Chud,

It can definately be done, as I have done it previously and did a small bit of code yesterday to double check myself.

Attached is a TwidoSuite archive with the code in, you can change the value of %mw0 in the code and it will also change %tm0.p.

Jon.

Thanx again for your trouble. I created a new application and everything works fine. But my original application which is exactly the same, still gives me hassles.... Guess I'll start from scratch on new app then.

Ok finally found what my problem was. I'm using grafcet and had the code with the timers in between my last grafcet step and my "post" sections. This causes some bug. But nowhere is it documented that your post has to follow directly after your last grafcet step.
Thanx again for the help